I've been traveling with my spouse and 2 kids under 12. It was not our first time in Cuba, but it was definitely the worst one
The hotel is brand new, modern and everything was functional.... except very bad management that made our stay miserable!
1. Beach - nice and clean. Always enough chairs and spots in shade.
We expected some water sports, but nothing was available.
2. Pools - nice and clean pools. Separate family section with 3 pools. Great when traveling with very young children.
3. Room - We reserved a family room with 2 beds. Beds are very small, too small for 2 people. Watch out if you are traveling with older kids as 1 room may not be enough. Also, bring your own pillows - each bed have 1 very thin and long pillow.
4. Wi-Fi - it is available and free... however you need to find a spot were your device can actually catch it. Good luck!
5. Location - far from other hotels. About 30 min drive to Cayo Coco. If you whish to go shopping (store is not yet opened in the hotel) or eat elsewhere, taxi charges 200CAD for a trip to Cayo Coco.
6. Entertainment - during the day a strict minimum: volleyball at the beach, 30 min of dance lessons at the pool, 15 min kids games.
Evening entertainment even worse. A group of 5 dancers performs 30 min in a lobby bar (the same group every evening, even on New Years Eve).
It seems the hotel did not sign contracts with other groups yet, as the hotel is far away from other hotels and nobody wants to come.
Moreover, the hotel has no theater or place for bigger evening shows, so I do not believe it will ever have good shows. During our stay everything happened in the crowded lobby bar.
If you count on entertainment - this is not your hotel!
7. Restaurants a la carte - difficult to have an opinion, as they were opened only 1 evening during our stay. We have tried the Mexican one. Degustation menu without any choice, not impressive, but it is Cuba.
Finally, we ended at the snack bar as kids were hungry.
Why the restaurants were closed 5 of 6 evenings - no staff to work there (official response I got from the restaurant manager, Hector)
8. Buffet - nightmare!
We knew that we are going to Cuba and we did not expect much in matter of food variety. The only vegetables we got were green tomatoes and sauerkraut. Very limited fruit, no fresh cocktails, poor deserts... meat shortage, basically no seafood, French fries only once!... still, all that was not as disappointing as the bad management and the time we have waisted in lines in the buffet!!!
Lines to get, eggs, pasta and pizza. Be patient, or be 30min before opening... otherwise 1 hour waiting in line to order a pizza!!!!
There were days that show cooking counters were closed, so pizza or pasta were not even available.
Beach bar served lunch few times, but no rules there - today it is opened, tomorrow it is closed!
Snack bar - another option, very limited menu (burgers, sandwich, fries), kids liked it... unfortunately, again, 1 hour to receive the order (4 burgers and fries)!
So, either eat before others, either scarify 2-3 hours per day to have that egg or pasta or pizza or a burger that your kid wishes to have.
We have complained several times to the management and our agency representative. No response, no improvement, no compensation.
The only explanation I got: the hotel did not hire enough people!... but still... we have paid for it, and they knew we are arriving...
I do not recommend this hotel!